GUTTER REPAIR IN Montgomery, TX
If you need gutter repair service in Montgomery, TX, give the experts at Builders Installed Products Montgomery a call. We pride ourselves on delivering quality products and reliable, professional service. Gutters are one of the most important exterior features of your home, so it’s important they’re not overlooked when repairs are required.
The Importance of Properly Functioning Gutters
Seamless gutters serve a significant purpose in the protection and well-being of your home. They:
- Channel water away from your home
- Protect your home’s foundation and landscaping
- Help keep siding and masonry clean
- Help prevent erosion caused by water damage
- Protect entranceways and porches
Damaged gutters don’t function the way they’re supposed to, and this is why gutter repair and maintenance is essential! When gutters are not maintained properly on a regular basis or are left unfixed when damaged, they can cause serious problems for your home. Gutter end caps, mitered corners, and other parts of seamed gutters frequently leak. Sometimes gutters become loose, dislodged, or can even completely fall off. This requires repairing, rehanging or sometimes replacing the gutter section all together.
Common Gutter Repairs in Montgomery, TX
Some of the most common gutter repair projects include:
- Rehanging and re-nailing gutters that have loosened
- Repairing or replacing damaged downspouts that have loosened or become disconnected from the gutter outlet
- Adding and replacing extra parts as needed
- Adjusting improperly pitched gutters (redirecting water toward the downspouts)
- Sealing leaking gutter seams
- Repairing and replacing fascia boards and soffits
- Repairing ridge caps and flashing
- Repairing copper gutters or sections
For more information on the above gutter repair projects, contact our specialists today!
Help Prevent Untimely Gutter Repair or Replacement in Montgomery, TX
Although there’s nothing you can do to completely prevent the possibility of needing repairs down the road, certain things can help reduce the frequency of necessary repairs. One such solution is gutter guard installation. These gutter protection systems can help keep leaves and other debris out of your gutters and prevent clogging without hindering water flow.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some of the key considerations to keep in mind when having gutters installed on your home?
The quality of the materials and installation will determine your satisfaction with the end result and determine the performance and longevity of your gutter system. Choose a contractor who has a solid reputation in your community, and ask for references, proof of licensing and insurance, and a written estimate before you hire. Other considerations include:
- Warranty. Obtain a written warranty for materials and labor and ask whether the installation will impact the warranty on your roof.
- Support. Gutter hangers should be spaced 18 to 24 inches apart and installed behind the roof flashing to prevent leakage between the gutters and the fascia board.
- Pitch. The slope helps to divert the water towards the downspouts and should be installed at a pitch of one-half inch for every 10 feet of gutter.
- Sizing. Basic engineering is needed to ensure proper sizing, based on factors including the square footage of your home, the complexity of your roofline and local weather.
What features or upgrades do you recommend for a new gutter system?
Oversized downspouts typically measure 3″ x 4″ in size, and drain more efficiently and are less likely to clog than traditional downspouts sized at 2″ x 3″. Weighing around eight pounds per gallon excess water can place undue stress on your gutters during heavy rainfall, leading to sagging, disconnection or damage to your home or gutters. Oversized downspouts can help to enhance system performance by preventing backflow, increasing drainage speed and reducing the demand placed on your gutter system.
Which types of gutter materials will last the longest?
Gutters are made from a variety of materials, such as aluminum, copper, galvanized steel and vinyl. While copper is the longest-lasting material out of these options, it is also the most expensive, and it’s not suitable for every budget. With professional installation, both copper and aluminum can last for decades, although aluminum is a more affordable solution and is available in a wide variety of color choices to suit any style of home or exterior finish. Seamless aluminum gutters can be manufactured on-site and are available in several different gauges to suit a variety of applications and climates.
Schedule Gutter Repair in the Montgomery, TX Area Today
Here at Builders Installed Products Montgomery, our gutter repair specialists have an average of 10 years of experience. Offering sound professional advice and reliable, high-quality service to each and every customer, our gutter repair experts are among the best in the industry. We are fully insured and will provide you with a free estimate. You can trust that our specialists will develop a custom solution for your gutter repair project.
If your seamless gutters are in poor condition and you need repair service in Montgomery or a surrounding area in the Texas, contact our team online or give us a call at 469-342-8788!